Saturday, September 6, 2008

Summer update

Well, this summer has been incredibly busy and our blog has suffered for it. But wait a minute and listen to all the reasons why and you might be more forgiving.

Michelle and I have been anxiously expecting the arrival of our first child. It has been quite the roller coaster with many medical complications. Michelle was on bed rest from about the middle of June and Alan was cooking, cleaning (okay, not real cleaning-this was surface only), taking care of Michelle and trying to work on this whole itineration job -- contacting churches, trying to find new pledges and raise our support so that once the baby came we could head back to Austria.

That is my excuse up until the 12th of August at which point my reasons became even more compelling. Ethan Zayne Cornelius Ambrose was born that day at 8:46 pm, weighing in at 7 lbs 13 oz and 20 inches in length. We have been pretty busy taking care of him ever since. I didn't think anyone could be so happy to be so tired. We have been waiting for this little miracle to arrive for over 10 years, and can't really express all the joy he has brought.

Now I am back at work, trying to catch up on my communications, send out a newsletter to get everyone in the loop and find more partners who have a burden for reaching the students of Austria with the message of Hope that we have in Christ. More updates coming soon! (I hope, it is currently 11:30 pm and I am about to feed Ethan.)

No comments: